Saturday, November 27, 2010

Some Thoughts on Time

Time flies straight like an arrow
unless you are aching
Then it weighs like an anchor.

Time heals all wounds
but there will be scars.

When that time comes, this one will be past.

I reach for the future, she reaches back. We just touched.

The present is the stew, the past its ingredients. The present is the judge of all that I have done. The future holds promise.

Time is indifferent. I am not.

Time is on my side.
Untrue
Time is not my friend. He murders me minute by minute.

Time sweeps us all toward irrelevance.

I finally understand time and its importance in my life,
but I've got creases on my face and a hitch in my step.

Time is of the essence.

Time's a wastin'

Time is up.


Luke Saucier September, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment